Roofing is a hard job, there is no two ways about it. But there is certainly a profitable career within a field, especially if you’re running a local roofing company by yourself, or have national branches working with seriously big contractors. Here are some ways to get into roofing as a career:
Getting into Roofing as a Career
- You can learn the basics of roofing techniques and materials by enrolling in a roofing school or trade program. This can give you hands-on experience and make you stand out from other roofers.
- Start at the bottom and work your way up: Find an entry-level job at a roofing company or a construction company to gain practical experience.
- Join industry events and workshops to make connections and learn about new trends and techniques. Ask for advice and mentorship from other roofers in your area.
- Make sure you’re certified: Get certified by an industry organization like the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) or the Roofing Industry Alliance for Progress (RIAP).
- Consider starting your own roofing business if you have experience and the desire to be your own boss. It will require dedication, hard work, and a solid business plan.