There are lots of meanings and significance to 21 (twenty-one). Here are a few:
- A composite number of 21 is odd in mathematics.
- The sum of 21 is a standard game of blackjack in sports.
- The legal drinking age in the US is 21.
- Depending on your culture, 21 is considered a milestone age.
- Adele’s album 21 is called “21.”
I think it’s worth noting that the importance of 21 varies depending on the context and culture and thus as an angel number can have a different meaning for each person. Here is our breakdown of twenty one as a number.
What is the number 21 trying to tell me?
21 could be telling you’re about to get lucky. It can also give you waves into a new life, an updated lifestyle — simply put it — change.
Is seeing 21 warning me of something?
21 isn’t usually seen as a warning on its own. The significance of 21 can vary depending on the context and cultural background, but it’s rarely associated with bad or ominous things. There are a lot of cases where the number 21 just shows up by coincidence. It can be a sign of luck coming.
You might want to consider other factors or ask an expert if you have a specific concern or are experiencing unusual events.
Cultural stances on 21
- The number 21 has a lot of cultural significance in many cultures.
- As the age of legal adulthood, 21 is often considered a coming of age in Western cultures.
- “The World,” one of the Major Arcana cards, symbolizes completion, wholeness, and reaching one’s goals in Tarot.
- Native American cultures associate the number 21 with the 21 paths of power and 21 sacred dances.
- Shiva, the Hindu deity, is associated with the number 21 in Hinduism.
- As a path to enlightenment, 21 is the number of attributes of Bodhisattvas (enlightened beings).
- 21 is regarded as a significant number in some African cultures.
Is 21 a good tattoo number?
In order to decide whether 21 is a good tattoo number, it has to be personal and meaningful to the person getting it. A tattoo number like 21 might be symbolic to you because it marks your 21st birthday or symbolizes a special event or experience that happened on the 21st.
How to say 21 in 30 different languages
- English: Twenty one
- Spanish: Veintiuno
- French: Vingt et un
- German: Einundzwanzig
- Italian: Ventuno
- Portuguese: Vinte e um
- Dutch: Eenentwintig
- Russian: Двадцать один
- Japanese: にじゅういち (ni-ju-ichi)
- Chinese (Mandarin): 二十一 (èr shí yī)
- Arabic: عشرة و عشرون (ashara wa ‘ashrun)
- Korean: 스무 원 (seu-moo-won)
- Hindi: बीस एक (bīs ēk)
- Bengali: বিশ (biś)
- Indonesian: Dua puluh satu
- Swedish: Tjugoett
- Turkish: Yirmi bir
- Thai: ยี่สิบเอ็ด (yi-sip-et)
- Greek: Είκοσι ένα (eikosi ena)
- Danish: Enogtyve
- Polish: Dwadzieścia jeden
- Norwegian: Tjueen
- Finnish: Kahdeksantoista
- Czech: Dvacet jedna
- Hungarian: Húsz egy
- Ukrainian: Двадцять один (dvadtsat’ odyn)
- Croatian: Dvadeset jedan
- Serbian: Двадесет и један (dvadeset i jedan)
- Slovenian: Dvaindvajset
- Bulgarian: Двадесет и едно (dvadeset i edno)