In the 70s, when everyone was rockin’ feathered hair and flared jeans, Gru (Steve Carell) was growing up in the ‘burbs. He’s a right fan of a super villain group called the Vicious 6 and dreams of one day joinin’ em. Lucky for him, he’s got his trusty Minions, Kevin, Stuart, Bob and a new addition, Otto with braces and a desperate need to please, to help him hatch a plan to become evil enough to join them. Together they build their first lair, experiment with their first weapons and pull off their first missions. But when the Vicious 6 oust their leader, Wild Knuckles (Alan Arkin) and Gru goes for an interview to become their newest member, it doesn’t go well and he becomes their mortal enemy. On the run, Gru turns to an unlikely source for guidance, Wild Knuckles, and discovers that even bad guys need a little help from their mates.
Here are some Quotes from Minions: The Rise of Gru (2022)
- Gru: [to Otto] Did you just trade my future for a PET ROCK?
- Gru: One day, I hope to fake my own death to escape the authorities. Wild Knuckles: Shoot for the moon, kid. Shoot for the moon.
- Gru: [shouting awkwardly] Distinguished villains, my name is Gru! I I feel like I’m talking too loud, even though our proximity doesn’t require this kind of volume!
- Bob: Good night. Kevin: Good night. Gru: Yes, yes, yes good night. Stuart: GOOD NIGHT!
- Minions: Mini boss! Mini boss! Gru: All right, all right, I’m not mini. Please stop calling me that.
- Gru: Minions: Assemble!
- Gru: Hello, everybody here for the interview? Me too? What do you drive? I drive a jet bike.
- Gru: Holy guacamole.
- Wild Knuckles: Where’s your loyalty? We’re villains.
- Gru: Are you pulling on my legs right now?
- Gru: I want to be a super villain.
- Gru: Did you just trade my future for a pet rock?
- Gru: This could be a great opportunity if you don’t kill me.
- Gru: ou are a great bad guy. And they are stupid idiots.
- Gru: I cannot wait to fake my own death to avoid the authorities.