Pete Mitchell, call sign Maverick, has served with distinction in the US Navy for over thirty years, earning numerous military awards, medals, and decorations for heroism in combat. After years of avoiding promotions after Top Gun (1986), Maverick now faces an uncertain future while training a new generation of fighter pilots for a nearly impossible mission. Despite stretching the rules to their breaking point, the veteran naval aviator prepares brilliant graduates for the top-secret assignment, while Mitchell has to navigate an uncomfortable relationship with a hotshot lieutenant holding a grudge. Is it possible for Maverick and his Top Guns to perform a miracle, give hell to the enemy, and return home unscathed?
Here are some of the best quotes from the amazing action film Top Gun: Maverick starring Tom Cruise.
- Maverick: Thank you for saving my life. Bradley ‘Rooster’ Bradshaw: It’s what my dad would’ve done.
- Adm. Beau ‘Cyclone’ Simpson: Your reputation precedes you. Maverick: Thank you, Sir. Adm. Beau ‘Cyclone’ Simpson: It wasn’t a compliment. Maverick: I have to admit I wasn’t expecting an invitation back. Adm. Solomon ‘Warlock’ Bates: They’re called *orders*, Maverick.
- Lt. Natasha ‘Phoenix’ Trace: Breaking the hard deck? Insubordination? Are you trying to get kicked out? Bradley ‘Rooster’ Bradshaw: Don’t worry about it. Lt. Natasha ‘Phoenix’ Trace: Look, I’m going on this mission, but if you get kicked out, you leave us flying with Hangman. Talk to me, what the hell was that? Bradley ‘Rooster’ Bradshaw: He pulled my papers. Lt. Natasha ‘Phoenix’ Trace: What? Who? Bradley ‘Rooster’ Bradshaw: Maverick. He pulled my application to Naval Academy. He set me back four years. Lt. Natasha ‘Phoenix’ Trace: Why would he do that?
- Maverick: Why are they dead? Lt. Natasha ‘Phoenix’ Trace: We broke the 300ft ceiling, and a S.A.M. took us out. Maverick: No. Why are they dead? Lt. Javy ‘Coyote’ Machado: I slowed down and I didn’t give her a warning. It’s my fault. Maverick: Was there a reason you didn’t communicate with your team? Lt. Javy ‘Coyote’ Machado: I was focusin’ on… Maverick: One that their family will accept at the funeral. Lt. Javy ‘Coyote’ Machado: No, sir. Maverick: Why didn’t you anticipate the turn? You were briefed on the terrain. Don’t tell me… talk to his family.
- Lt. Jake ‘Hangman’ Seresin: [after Maverick is thrown out of Penny’s bar] Thanks for the beers, come back anytime!
- Bradley ‘Rooster’ Bradshaw: Why are the wings coming out, Mav?
- Amelia: [as Maverick escapes through the 2nd floor window and jumps down, trying to avoid her unexpected return, she’s right there looking at him] Please don’t break her heart again.
- Maverick: Don’t give me that look.
- Maverick: Don’t think, just do!
- Maverick: It’s time to let go. I don’t know how.
- Iceman: The Navy Needs Maverick. The Kid Needs Maverick. That’s Why I Fought For You.
- Maverick: “I Was Trying To Be The Father He Lost. I Wish I Would Have Done It Better.”
- Maverick: “It’s Not The Plane, It’s The Pilot.”